Today has been a busy and productive day. I’m just happy to be able to say that with a 2-year-old and 6 week old daughter at home. See how my day started out:
And that was before 9am! Here is a synopsis of my full day:
- 1:30am Woke up to feed my baby
- 6:30am Baby woke up, played for a few and fed her again
- 6:45am Toddler woke up
- 7:15am Start making lasagna (3 of them)
- 8:20am Husband leaves for work for a few hours, allow my toddler to watch some Disney Channel and strap the baby to my chest in the Baby Bjorn
- 8:53am Shoot Vlog
- 9:30am Baby wakes, feed her bottle
- 10am Get everyone ready for a walk in the beautiful fall weather
- 10:24am Head out on hour long walk
- 11:30am Come back home. Husband arrives home to play with daughter outside. Baby still passed out in stroller. I start making Crab & Corn Chowder.
- 1:00 Pump.
- 1:30pm Baby wakes for bottle. Husband feeds her. Film hysterical video of my toddler and my breast pump. Will post…I promise.
- 2:00pm Clean out girls closet, pack away clothes that don’t fit. Pull out jackets and fall/winter items. Prepare crib for baby (she sleeps in Moses basket now and for a few more weeks)
- 3:00pm Husband and baby pass out on my toddler’s bed. I take her downstairs to read and play
- 3:30pm Toddler passes out…FINALLY! I hope this late napping thing is a sign that she was having so much fun w/ me, and NOT a sign of giving up naps all together.
- 3:30-5:00pm Work on baby’s birth announcement so I get them sent before her first birthday. Also upload some videos to my family website. Check Twitter and Facebook. Shop online for a desk.
- 5:15pm Heat baby’s bottle for husband to feed her.
- 5:45pm Calm baby…she is cranky but still tired. I’m nervous for tonight…she has slept all day! Toddler wakes up and makes muffins with daddy. Put baby in Baby Bjorn and dance around the house.
- 6pm Heat up some of the lasagna I made earlier for dinner. Yum. May even have some wine tonight
That’s the day thus far. I predict the next few hours to go as follows:
- 7pm Toddler watches Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Maybe a bath, some Skype with west coast family and a little snack. Baby probably cluster feeds and takes another bottle.
- 8pm Bedtime for all. Husband takes toddler to bed…I nurse baby to bed. All asleep, fingers crossed, by 8:45/9pm!!!