Welcome to the Second Annual TinySophisticate Holiday Gift Guide. When it comes to the ladies gift ideas and hostess ideas…those are pretty much my personal “want” lists. So take note friends and family, I’ll have one of each. And just to get it out of the way, I’m usually a size x-small or small, 2 or 25/26, shoe size 5. Thank you
FOR THE LADIES:
1. Leopard print scarf from Stella & Dot – chic, simple and on trend.
2. Marc Jacobs clutch from the Target + Neiman Marcus Collection – Marc Jacobs for under $75??? It’s a steal. Grab it.
3. Colored skinnies – Old Navy, Express, Paige…they instantly brighten up any outfit and are a great gift idea
4. Chunky necklace from Zara – I’ve always loved the clothes from Zara but this necklace stopped me in my tracks when I saw it. Please, Santa…
5. Custom iPhone case – love these custom iPhone cases from Shutterfly
6. Ray Ban shades – up your cool factor instantly
7. Hunter wellies – even if she has a pair, she can use another in a fun bright color
8. Zoya nail polish – toxin free…nough said
9. Tracy Reese Dessert Plates – for the lady who loves to entertain from the Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday collection
10. Bangles – the more the merrier! These are from Banana Republic (here, here and here)
HOST/HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS:
1. Custom monogrammed note card - in a virtual world, it’s always great to encourage old school snail mail
2, 3, 4. Tray, Cocktail glasses and Shaker - love these from the Target + Neiman Marcus Collection that would be great for entertaining
5. Truffle salt - needs no explanation
6. Apron - with this apron from Sur la Table, who needs to wear clothes under it
7. Tea cups – I love the color and whimsy of these cups
8. Single serve blender - for the health conscious host/hostess who loves them some protein shakes
9. Personalized return address stamp - I love these….nothing I hate more than writing out my return address.
10. Chalkboard spice jars - These type of jars are great to be left on top of the counter.
FOR THE LITTLE ONES (remember, I have two girls under 4 so I’m skewed toward what they would like):
1. Fisher Price Team Umizoomi Come and Get Us Counting Car - my little one received this as a gift from Fisher Price at the #BSMHoliday party and she loves it. The controls are super easy and my 3 1/2-year-old loves it
2. Art bin filled with all sorts of creative goodies. I got this for our girls and bought the Creative Options Grab n Go storage unit from Michael’s in pink and purple. I think the color is exclusive to Michael’s. I’m filling it with crayons, colored pencils, felt, glue, glitter, paper, popsicle sticks…all sorts of things that foster creativity an imagination.
3. Create your own watch from Disney. Choose character, band color and more.
4. Jingle the Husky Pup – love this sweet dog that “barks” along when you read the story book
5. Stacey Peasley Children’s Music - my kids love this music…I love this music. It’s a great stocking stuffer
6. Laughing Giraffe Book Sets - LOVE LOVE LOVE these books sets. It takes the guess-work out of trying to decide what books to buy the little ones, by letting the expert select for you. Laughing Giraffe Books provides themed book bundles and book of the month collections with an added surprise – a game and prize. By creating an added hook to get kids excited about reading we are helping to create a new generation of lifelong readers.
7. Rody - this ride on hopping horse is a favorite. Get the rocking base to make this toy good for bouncing and rocking
8. LEGO DUPLO blocks – I love all the LEGO DUPLO sets. Of all the toys in our house, our LEGO blocks get the most activity. We build castles. And pirate ships. And farms. And houses. My toddler’s imagination is amazing and she loves building (almost as much as the little one loves to tear down her structures).
10. Doctor set
- This was the bet gift we ever got for our daughter when she was two. She loves it. They have all sorts of character branded ones as well.