My husband and I are going away this weekend to celebrate our anniversary (7th anniversary was on January 1st). My husband planned it all and surprised me with it. To be honest, at first I was reluctant to go. Why? Well, we have not been away without our daughters, except for when we were in the hospital having baby #2. I’ve been to NYC, but he was home with the girls. He’s been away for a night for work, but I was home with the girls. And we’ve been away on vacation but we’ve taken them (well, actually we just took #1…#2 hasn’t been on vacation yet!).
So, I finally agreed and we are off to Newport, RI this weekend where we got married. I’m excited….it’s going to be a great time. But I’m setting some ground rules!
- No talking about our daughters…at least for the first 5 minutes we are away
- No sweats…cute clothing only!
- We will stay out late (and by late I mean 10pm)
- We will sleep in (and by “in” I mean 7am)
- We will eat, drink and be merry
- We will take pictures of us…just us as a couple (considering we have thousands of the kids!)